Welcome to nix.dev¶
The Nix ecosystem is a DevOps toolkit to achieve:
Easy installation of software over URLs.
Easy transfer of software environments between computers.
Avoidance of version conflicts with already installed software.
Installing software from source code.
Strong support for software auditability.
Atomic upgrades and rollbacks.
- Install Nix
- Ad hoc developer environments
- Towards reproducibility: Pinning nixpkgs
- Declarative and reproducible developer environments
- Continuous Integration with GitHub Actions
- Setup a development environment
- Building and running Docker images
- Deploying NixOS using Terraform
- Installing NixOS on a Raspberry Pi
- Integration testing using virtual machines (VMs)
- Cross compilation
- How to Contribute
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What to do if a binary cache is down or unreachable?
- How do I add a new binary cache?
- How do I force nix to re-check whether something exists at a binary cache?
- How do I fix: error: querying path in database: database disk image is malformed
- How to operate between Nix paths and strings?
- How do I fix: error: current Nix store schema is version 10, but I only support 7
- How to build reverse dependencies of a package?
- I’m getting: writing to file: Connection reset by peer
- What are channels and different branches on github?
- How can I manage dotfiles in $HOME with Nix?
- Are there some known impurities in builds?
- What’s the recommended process for building custom packages?
- Recommended reading
- Software Nix has influenced