Welcome to nix.dev¶
Nix ecosystem is a DevOps toolkit to achieve:
Reproducible development environments.
Easy installation of software over URLs.
Easy transfer of software environments between computers.
Declarative specification of Linux machines.
Reproducible integration testing using virtual machines.
Avoidance of version conflicts with an already installed software.
Installing software from source code.
Transparent build caching via binary caches.
Strong support for software auditability.
Atomic upgrades and rollbacks.
- Install Nix
- Ad hoc developer environments
- Towards reproducibility: Pinning nixpkgs
- Declarative and reproducible developer environments
- Continuous Integration with GitHub Actions
- Setup a development environment
- Building and running Docker images
- Deploying NixOS using Terraform
- Installing NixOS on a Raspberry Pi
- How to Contribute
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommended reading
- Software Nix has influenced